On 17 March 2016, Martin J Brühl FRICS, Member of the Management Board at Union Investment Real Estate and RICS President, took part to the panel discussion “Achieving < 2 degrees Celsius: How must the Real Estate industry respond to meet new climate changes pledges?“.
The panel discussion, organized at MIPIM 2016, concerned the following topics
• Examining the outcomes from Buildings Day at COP21 in Paris – are they achievable; what needs to be done?
• Views from the sector – how will COP21 affect real estate investments? – views from industry leaders, policy makers and investors
• What is the role of the real estate private sector in meeting new national and EU pledges?
• What new policy can we expect to see coming through from the EU and national governments?
• What new policy would we like to see?
• Key developments in stimulating the deep retrofit project and Net Zero new buildings across Europe?
Mr Brühl, as part of his intervention as current RICS President, presented the RenoValue initiative.